ss_blog_claim=87d912d47e189099ba8e6a359c2c2486 Lilyruths "This and that friendly cottage": Boy calls 911 after Mom Chokes on Chip

Welcome...... "Each new day is a gift, that"s why they call it the present"


Your Ad Here

ADVERTISE HERE

SEARCH HERE if you want to find bargains on Medicines or Old folks remedies or other items. Save Money

February 14, 2008

Boy calls 911 after Mom Chokes on Chip

WORLAND, Wyo. - A 5-year-old kindergartner is being credited with saving his mother's life when he dialed 911 after she choked on a potato chip. Mathew Rissler dialed 911 at 8:22 p.m. Monday. He said he learned at school how to dial the emergency number.
His mother, Sandy Rissler, said she was eating nachos when a chip got stuck in her throat during a sneeze.
"Mathew came downstairs and said, 'Mommy? Mommy, are you OK?' and I shook my head no," she said. "And then he asked, 'Do you need help?' and I nodded my head yes."
Rissler said she handed her son the telephone.
"Then he said, '911?' and I nodded my head yes."
He talked to the 911 operator, opened the door for two police officers and led them to her, she said.
An officer performed the Heimlich maneuver to dislodge the chip.
---
Information from: Northern Wyoming Daily News,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire that boy for keeping cool and being able to do the right thing. I want to teach my kids to be awesome too. Thank you.

Cheer.s

Anonymous said...

very cool and clever and such a brave boy.