ss_blog_claim=87d912d47e189099ba8e6a359c2c2486 Lilyruths "This and that friendly cottage": People with big hearts help stray animals

Welcome...... "Each new day is a gift, that"s why they call it the present"


Your Ad Here

ADVERTISE HERE

SEARCH HERE if you want to find bargains on Medicines or Old folks remedies or other items. Save Money

May 15, 2007

People with big hearts help stray animals

These are some short stories about people who care about the strays on the street................................................................................................My current cat Magic was a stray, him his brothers and sisters hung around our house with thier mom for awhile we kept trying to catch them to bring them in, but never could, well one day we were coming down the driveway and Magic was laying there in our drive... he was freezing and skinny, we took him in and he's still with us today..... ..............................The lab I have now was a stray. He was in front of our house running in the street. We brought him in and put an ad in the paper that we found a dog. Nobody claimed him, which I thought was odd because he is a full blooded lab. So he became ours. He's a such a sweetie too. Our other dog, who we just had to put to sleep this past July, was a puppy that someone dropped off the mother and her puppies at the animal hospital. So he was a shelter dog himself. Both couldn't be better pets... so sweet and gentle and kind. ...................................................... hav a pet who ws ws a stray....... he ws sooo cute dat i got him home.he ws a little puppy. He is very intelligent n is well trained n every1 in mah family loves him...n we r happy dat we adopted him.......................... .
I rescued my cat when she was a baby, she was nearly dead whn I foundher and took her to the vets, it cost a fortune to sort her out but she's worth it, she's 11 now and still gorgeous. My dog came from the sanctuary she had been beaten and starved andshut in a room, she was beautiful but very thin and nervous. She's 13 now and the light of every day, such a wonderful creature. I rescued another cat once but he left home when he was better. I would never buy a puppy or kitten from a breeder, there are too many unloved pets out there that deserve a second chance. I wouldn't part with my girls for the world..............................
All the time when I was a nipper. I used to see a dog looking hungry and lonely I would take it home and often someone would come and take it away to the dogs home. That rarely happens now in the UK as most dogs who stray are often picked up and taken to the police station or rescue centres. A few months ago we had two Staffies wandering around out front so my wife and I herded then both into our back garden. Soon there was someone passing by looking for them and took them away home. My wife went home with them in case they were bogus but they were not.
Rated! .................................................................................................I love animals in general. I am not partial to cats...but I will still love them too. Lets see...I have taken in baby squirrels when we had the hurricanes in Florida. The mother had died and there were two babies that still needed a mom. So, I took them home and found a squirrel rescue home. And took them to this rescue because I honestly did not have the knowledge to care for them. I had read that many people try...but without the proper knowledge, one could kill a baby squirrel. I have taken in a baby bird. The parents pushed the baby out of the nest and refused to feed it. Although I knew this meant the bird was ill...I wanted to keep it warm, fed, and comfy until it passed. The little bird lasted a little over a week. A cat appeared on our doorstep...with holes in its feet and nothing but fur and bone. Even though our son is allergic, we confined it to our room and bathroom. Took care of it...took it to the vet for meds...and when she was healthy again, took her to an adoption fair. She now has a home with a nice older lady that will treat her like a princess. Basically...I love animals and I will do what I can for them. Be it take them in to help them until they can find another home or take them to a organization that could help the animal ...................................................................I hope you all enjoyed these stories I have shared with you as much as I enjoyed it.........................................................And remember be kind to all animals....

No comments: